One of the things that has been “made” recently has been a Knitpicks/Knitpro case for my Symfonie wood and Nova interchangeable circular needle set as well as for the DPNs. The set came with a nasty vinyl case that stuck together and smelled funny and was sort of hard to find anything in and was already really full feeling with out the DPNs or the Novas in it.
So, my lovely husband decided to take up the challenge. He has sewed a lot in the past and now that we have a sewing machine it really isn’t a big deal. So I looked around for fabrics that I liked and I found a quilting cotton at Hobbycraft for the inside and a heavier almost cotton duck at IKEA for the outside. The hubby and I discussed strategy and he came up with the first one. It was perfect except that the cotton fabric on the inside was just too thin and literally started falling apart.
At Woolfest there was a lady selling odds and ends of woven woolen cloth. Pretty heavy stuff, really quite nice for a pound so we bought it in order to take another try at making this case. We also got some really cool buttons from the button lady and we were back in business. Here is what it looks like now…
I’m thinking about making a matching project bag from the leftover IKEA material.
I know he’s awesome and no you can’t have him……
One thought on “Making the Case”
Susan and I (aka Mom & Dad) can only agree – he is AWESOME!!
And it takes one to know one! Therefore, you two are ‘The Dynamic Duo’.