I realized that I’ve not really written about what is on my needles, wheel or hook lately. I’ve actually been pretty good about giving all of my current projects some attention each day. It’s just worked-out that one is good for waiting time, one is good for watching TV, and one is good for when the other two bore me!
First up is my Kaleidoscope by Dutch Knitting Design. I’m pleased with the fact that I am past the armholes and they are, you know, holey and that I can actually get my arms through them! It is going to sound silly, but I’ve never cast-off in the middle of a row and then cast back on again, so the holiness of the arms is a bit of a miracle! However, once I was past the slightly scary armholes, I was on to the super easy-to-remember lace section which has made this a good purse knitting project. One row of easy-peasy design knitting and then a row of purls back. The rest of the body is pretty much made like this, so it will be purse knitting until it doesn’t fit easily in my purse anymore. It’s being knit out of Noro Silk Garden Sock in colorway S321 and should use two balls of it.
Next up is yet another crocheted baby scrapghan. The baby that this one is for has already finished her gestation and is fast on her way to holding her head up and rolling over on her own, so I’d best get my butt in gear!
Finally I get to the spinning. I am doing something that is probably a tad on the crazy side (not fully over there, just edging that way!). I am spinning the lovely merino/cashmere/nylon blend from BugSnugger that I picked-up at Sticks and String. I got three-four ounce braids.
I have divided each of the braids into three sections lengthwise, which I rolled into balls (nine balls).
I plan on spinning each of those balls separately so that I can do as many or as few plies as I need for the specific projects that I have in mind for this wool. It is spinning super fine and I got about 66wpi when I measured it so I may need all nine plies if I am to make a worsted weight out of it. I don’t plan on making all worsted, but maybe some as well as some fingering. We’ll see how much I end-up with when I am done with it all! So far I have spun one of the balls and have made good headway into a second.
A post about what I’m working on wouldn’t be complete without an update on my “Forever Stole” which is what I have decided to call it since it is taking me FOREVER to make. This project, oddly enough, is the one that I take when I know I am going to be in a spectacularly mis-lit location. It is white, which makes it easy to see and it’s small and portable. And it’s still chugging along. Forever….
And of course, no blog post these days is really complete without a Red photo!