I have nearly finished the baby burrito. Today I bit the bullet and decided to get out the sewing machine and sew in the lining. Yesterday I went to Jo-Ann’s and found the perfect flannel to match this. It has puppies on it in sort of a patchwork look with the same green and brown as the burrito.
Here is the outside of the burrito taken a couple of days ago.
This is the inside of it, without the pouch/pocket folded up.
And this is roughly what it will look like when it is all done and I have crocheted the pouch/pocket sides up.
You can see that I sewed in a bunch of ribbon “tags”. I found out that babies like to, well, fondle tags. So, I gave him to grab on to.
I don’t think that I broke the machine. It seems to be still working ok. I may even try this sewing thing again. Especially given how cheap the fabric was! It was $2.99 a yard! Totally worth it I think. I can run it now and I ordered a fabric stripper from Hershner’s so I will be making braided rag rugs for the new house in the UK very soon from all of the old clothes that I have stored in the storage unit for this purpose. Should be interesting:-)
I will send off the burrito after I take it in to crochet group tomorrow night.