So yeah, I made another pair of thrummed mittens. I bought a new coat and needed some mittens that matched them better than my old ones. I also wanted to make a few changes to how I made the mittens to make them work better for me.
The first pair that I made a few years ago were too short, both for the length of my hand and the wrist. I was perpetually getting icy wrists and cold fingertips. So I made this pair longer in both directions.
I also added neon yellow.
The roving is from Yarn Geek Fibers and is 22 micron Polwarth. The yarn is from Fiber Curio and Sundries and is and 80/20 Corriedale/Tencel DK weight that I held double to make it thicker (I wanted these puppies to be really warm!)
If you are looking for a thrummed mitten pattern, there are a number of them online for free. These were sort-of Frankenknit using the parts of several patterns that I liked various aspects of.